Toyota Motors and Panasonic set up JV to supply prismatic batteries

Toyota Motors and the Panasonic Corporation have established a JV called Prime Planet Energy & Solutions, Inc., which specialises in automotive prismatic batteries for EVs. As per the agreement between the two companies, Toyota owns a 51 per cent stake in the JV while Panasonic owns the remaining (49 per cent). Prismatic batteries use less space than the conventional cylindrical batteries because of their rectangular shape.


Enter your email address

Share your work e-mail and access a free 3 month digital subscription to Power Line Magazine