Leading cable testing and certification provider BASEC extends their cable testing and certification offering by investing in new service capabilities for the data communications market.
The new service is designed to support the growing transformation of the data communication global market.
- The new data communications (datacoms) capability features industry standard state-of-the-art testing equipment which will be able to test the performance of the full range of datacoms cables including: CAT 5e, 6, 6A, 7, 7A, and CAT 8. In combining data transmission testing with nearly 50 years of cable testing and certification expertise, BASEC continue to deliver testing of electrical, mechanical, material, chemical and fire performance. End users, manufacturers and re-branders of approved cables benefit from the added value that cable certification encompasses rigorous process auditing alongside physically cable testing, to deliver a holistic cable assessment.
Tony Lioveri, BASEC’s CEO states, “BASEC has been working in partnership with cable manufacturers for nearly 50 years, and has a strong brand and heritage of being the mark of quality & safety. To be able to leverage this cable expertise to the datacoms market is an exciting proposition for BASEC. The BASEC brand is established worldwide and is delivered through our regional offices of dedicated teams of technical experts and superior customer care. Our goal is to give confidence to end users, manufacturers and re-branders that by using the BASEC mark they can be assured of guaranteed quality and safety throughout the supply chain.”
As the demand for data is forever increasing and technological advances continue to evolve, investing in high performance networks that can accommodate the digitalisation of operations now and in the future is more important than ever. Three overarching transmission cable standards have been developed by the industry to enable manufacturers to comply with application requirements and work to ensure suitable cables are installed.
- ISO/IEC 11801 is designed for use within commercial premises in office spaces between 50-50,000 people
- ANSI/TIA 568 is designed to provide recommended design and installation criteria for cabling systems that will support existing and future services
- EN 50173 is consistent with the above, covering the entire channel whilst adopting additional cable specific requirementsTony Lioveri goes on to say, “We are excited to be expanding into the datacoms market. The enhancement of our facilities demonstrates our long-term commitment to deliver exceptional testing and certification to all customers across multiple markets.”
The datacoms scheme has been developed to offer:
- An in-house capability covering the full depth of testing and certification services for a wide range of cables
- Simplification of the certification process, combining fire testing approvals
- Enable BASEC to extend superior customer care to the datacoms market
BASEC is the preferred testing and certification partner to the worldwide cable industry. The mark of independently approved quality and safety is only awarded when cable products have been rigorously tested to meet the highest industry recognised standards. The BASEC name is synonymous with quality and safety and our independent cable certification and testing is trusted and respected around the world. For over 45 years, BASEC has been a mark of reassurance for those manufacturing, specifying and installing cable. Our comprehensive product testing approvals, stockists and control cable certification schemes provide purchasers and contractors with peace of mind that the cable they install is compliant, safe, fit for purpose, and will provide years of reliable service. To discuss your requirements, contact us here.