Tata Power takes over power distribution in Western and Southern Odisha

Tata Power has taken over the management and operations of Odisha’s power distribution utilities Western Electricity Supply Company of Odisha (WESCO) and Southern Electricity Supply Company of Orissa Limited (SOUTHCO) upon completion of the sale process. …

With this, WESCO and SOUTHCO will operate under the company name as TP Western Odisha Distribution Limited (TPWODL) and TP Southern Odisha Distribution Limited (TPSODL) respectively. As per order issued by the Odisha Electricity Regulatory Commission (OERC), Tata Power holds 51 percent of equity with management control and the state-owned GRIDCO will have the remaining 49 percent equity stake in the company. TPWODL will now be responsible for the distribution and retail supply of electricity in five circles of WESCO covering 2 million consumers with annual input energy of 7,520 MUs in areas of Rourkela, Burla, Bhawanipatna, Bolangir, Bargargh. While TPSODL will be responsible for the distribution covering 2.3 million consumers with average energy input of 3,470 MUs and retail supply of electricity in six circles of SOUTHCO in areas of Ganjam City, Berhampur, Aksa, Bhanjannagar, Jeypore and Rayagada.


Enter your email address

Share your work e-mail and access a free 3 month digital subscription to Power Line Magazine