Adani Green Energy acquires SB Energy India for USD3.5 billion

Adani Green Energy Limited (AGEL) has completed its previously announced acquisition of SB Energy India for Rs 260 billion.

In May 2021, AGEL signed share purchase agreements with SoftBank Group (SBG) and Bharti Group to acquire a 100 per cent interest in SB Energy India. SB Energy India was previously owned by SBG at an 80 percent stake, with Bharti Group owning the remaining 20 per cent. With this acquisition, AGEL’s operational portfolio stands at 5.4 GW and overall portfolio at 19.8 GW. AGEL’s counterparty mix for its overall portfolio of 19.8 GW is further reinforced with 87 per cent sovereign rated counterparties.

GET ACCESS TO OUR ARTICLES

Enter your email address

Share your work e-mail and access a free 3 month digital subscription to Power Line Magazine