Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation launches tender for 50 MW solar PV plants

Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation (ZESCO) Limited, the state-owned power company of Zambia, has launched a tender for the development of three solar power plants with a combined capacity of 50 MW.

The tender invites independent power producers (IPPs), developers, or financiers to express their interest in the construction and operation of the solar photovoltaic (PV) plants located in the Southern, Western, and Luapula Provinces of the country. Interested developers and financiers are required to apply for any or all of the three future solar plants by September 2, 2022. ZESCO has announced that the selected developer will hold a 90 per cent share of the facilities, while the remaining 10 per cent would be owned by the public utility.

GET ACCESS TO OUR ARTICLES

Enter your email address