Tata Power Renewable Energy to set up a 100 MW captive solar power plant for Viraj Profile

Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited (TPREL) has collaborated with Viraj Profile Private Limited to set up a 100 MW captive solar plant.

The plant will be developed by Tata Power at Nandgaon at its Nasik site. The power generated will be used for captive consumption by Viraj Profile’s Tarapur Plant. With the commissioning of this plant, Viraj Profile’s dependability on non-renewable power resources will be reduced by approximately 50 per cent. TPREL has created a special purpose vehicle– TP Nanded Limited, which will undertake the construction, operation and maintenance of this captive solar power plant. The plant is expected to generate about 200 MUs of energy and offset approximately 170.43 million kg of CO2 annually. As per captive generation rules, Tata Power will own 74 per cent of the generation while Viraj Profile will own the remaining 26 per cent. The project is expected to be commissioned by July 2023.

GET ACCESS TO OUR ARTICLES

Enter your email address