Uttar Pradesh government approves Obra-D TPP in Sonbhadra

The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet has approved Obra D thermal power plant (TPP) with two units of 800 MW each to be built at a cost of Rs 180 billion in Sonbhadra district in the state.

Obra D will be the first ultra super critical TPP in the state. It will be equipped with the latest technology that would require less coal consumption, thereby providing cheaper power to the consumers. The first plant will be ready in 50 months while the second in 56 months. The government will execute the project with a 50:50 partnership with NTPC Limited. While 30 per cent equity will be given for the implementation of the projects, the rest 70 per cent of the amount will be arranged from financial institutions.